Short Course in Advanced Radiographic Clinical Skills
The short course in ‘Advanced Radiographic Clinical Skills’ complements the MRPBA Professional expectations for Medical Radiation Practitioners to be able to identify significant findings. It will extend the knowledge of participants in the field of emergency image interpretation, addressing radiographic representation of traumatic and common pathologies affecting the appendicular and axial skeletal system, chest and abdomen.
The course will provide the opportunity for students to reinforce their existing knowledge related to normal radiographic anatomy and normal variants; and the radiographic interpretation of traumatic and common pathologies affecting the appendicular and axial skeletal system, chest and abdomen.
The short course modules will require students to reflect upon their current clinical decision making processes and extend these processes into the area of advanced radiographic commenting.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Distinguish between sensitivity, specificity and accuracy in relation to the interpretation of general radiographic images.
- Differentiate between search error, detection error and interpretation error in relation to the interpretation of radiographic images.
- Critically apply the knowledge of the psychophysics of vision to patterns seen in radiographic images of the skeleton, chest and abdomen.
- Apply a logical method to the radiographic evaluation of bones, soft tissues and joints of the skeletal system, chest and abdomen.
- Recognise the characteristics of the radiographic representation of traumatic and common pathologies affecting the skeletal system, chest and abdomen.
- Create a series of evidence based radiographic comments related to the interpretation of general radiographic images.
- Apply a radiographic health assessment perspective to the delivery of general radiographic services.
Course Convenor & Facilitator
Imelda Williams, Course convenor for the Bachelor of Radiography and Medical Imaging (Honours) is 'Short Course in Advanced Radiographic Clinical Skills' convenor. Imelda holds an MSc in Medical Imaging (Plain film reporting).
Date: For further information regarding dates and availability of this course, please contact the course convenor at firstname.lastname@example.org
To complete the course you will require:
- A Windows PC that is relatively recent
- Broadband internet access (cable, ADSL or ADSL2)
- A web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari
- The ability to view PDF files, Word documents, and video files.
The following link will take you to the registration page for this course https://shop.monash.edu/short-course-in-advanced-radiographic-clinical-skills.html